Tuesday, October 12, 2010

We draw Aces...Maritzburg edging closer

Good Day!


After my rant about the SABC yesterday, I have no inclination to revisit that topic again. A lot of people called radio stations, television programs and some on the internet wrote to express their "disappointment" with  our broadcasting corporation. 


I am surprised people were only disappointed, really? I am still disgusted, what they did was vomit inducing. I did not puke on Sunday when I discovered they won't be showing the game, and that only tells you one thing! Nothing will ever make me throw-up after the SABC / SAFA debacle failed to.  


The reason people are overly incensed with the SABC/SAFA is that, there is a bit of positivity around Bafana Bafana at the moment, the kind that's never been seen for a long while and we all want to be part of that. More so for those that have been supporting Bafana through its difficult times. 
I started by saying I won't revisit this topic again and here I am, a thousand and one words later and am still on it. Just goes to show how everyone's blood boiled on Sunday for missing this well awaited mass service!


Back to the PSL, and you can be guaranteed you won't miss any of it. The Telkom draw was done last night, and the Beautiful Dube Birds have drawn Mpumalanga Black Aces.  Not the worst of draws but Aces are not to be taken lightly, especially with Neil Tovey at the helm. Players there will be going all out to impress the new coach.  But I am certain our coach will make sure the players are up for the challenge having just recently lost to Pirates in the MTN 8 finals. 
I did mention in one of my blogs that no one in the Swallows camp should be dejected by that loss. The lottery of penalties handed that cup to Pirates. We did well getting to the finals, disposing of Supersport through penalties ourselves and Ajax in a well deserved victory. 


Before Aces though, we have a not so small matter of Maritzburg United away this Friday. The recent break for international football would have given our players a good rest, not that they needed it. The season has just began and not much football has been played to be honest. 


We are in the wrong half of the league table, so Friday's game calls for a three pointer to move up. 


Nothing else from me, the night mare of Sunday is still taunting me....Can we sue the SABC?


Cheers and see you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment