Thursday, October 21, 2010

How do you know you are reading a newspaper up side down?

A very BIG hello,


Not the best of mornings for big hello's. But anything to lift one's spirit is welcome. Some of you would have noticed my absence from Friday till now. There are perfectly good reason(s) for that. I could list all of them here, but then I won't talk about football. Which is why we are here! Talking football that is!


Anyhow, you can take you pick from the following:

  • Was sick
  • Was half dead, so happy to be back half alive!
  • Was sick
  • Was writing exams?
  • Was sick
  • Was over worked by my employers
  • Was sick
Most of you would not believe any of this, but rather that I was so grumpy after our loss to Maritzburg United, it called for hibernation.  Especially as I held prayer, after prayer for misery to be piled on Mr Mazinyo! At the end, sorry I stood you guys up!

So the answer to the question on the title
"When Swallows is number 1 on the log, you know you're reading the newspaper upside down!" 
OOPS! Look, the above is copyrighted, so if you want to use that you can send me an e-mail here
All that does is add to my list of my bad jokes, further highlighting why Mrs blogger doesn't find me funny at all. Let's talk about football then....


We lost yesterday. Any other loss might be understandable, but losing to this particular team, rubs me the wrong way. Credit to them for getting three points of us. Their rather fortuitous goal, came very early on and that proved to be a winner. Their build up to the goal, was something to take note off. The delightful chip over our defence by Yende gave the assist. Etafia came off his line and initially seemed to have cleared but the football gods decided to bounce the ball off him, rebound it of Nale and bang you have a goal. 


We did come back into the game, but failed to deliver. We have played five games, and not one won. Add the cup games to that, you realise we've just won one game in open play out of eight. Ridiculous!


Mr Zobel, you've got a big challenge if front of you. I am not blaming the coach at all. There's something about the team that is not right. The defence being at the top of the my list of culprits. We can not continue to concede silly goals as we are. Have a look at our games, it says a lot about our defence. Not scoring goals is a problem, but not only at Swallows. The whole country has that problem. No team is setting the country alight with a blaze of goals, so that does console one to some extent.


If that's the case then, it seems you have to win mostly by first defending well in this country. 


Zane Moosa was trying to be funny on TV yesterday, saying maybe we should change the sponsors logo on our shirts from VIVO to GTI...ha ha Zane! That "ha ha" is not the funny "ha ha"!


Let me leave it on the not so funny "ha ha" note...


Cheers and see you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment